The workshop paper “Learning CNN-based Features for Retrieval of Food Image” by Gianluigi Ciocca, Paolo Napoletano, and Raimondo Schettini from University of Milan-Bicocca received the MADiMa2017 Best Paper Award.
- The best paper was selected based on the votes of the workshop’s participants.
- After the last oral session, all present participants were given a sheet to vote for the best paper.
- Each voter was allowed to vote for up to three (3) papers.
- Voters were not allowed to vote for papers they are co-authoring (voter’s name was also provided on the sheet to ensure there were no conflicts of interest)
- The best paper award selection process was described at the workshop’s opening and the results were presented at the workshop’s closing.